Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana : Is A Maternity Benefit Programme Offered By The Government Of India Under Which A Cash Incentive Of Rs. 6,000 Is Provided To Pregnant Women And Lactating Mothers. The Incentive Is Provided For The First Living Child Of The Family For Fulfilling The Specific Maternal And Child Health Conditions!
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana Objectives
- Providing partial compensation for the wage loss in terms of cash incentive s so that the woman can take adequate res t before and after delivery of the first living child.
- The cash incentive provided would lead to improved health seeking behaviour amongst the Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers (PW& LM).
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana Target beneficiaries
- All Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers, excluding PW&LM who are in regular employment with the Central Government or the State Governments or PSUs or those who are in receipt of similar benefits under any law for the time being in force.
- All eligible Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers who have their pregnancy on or after 01.01.2017 for first child in family.
- The date and stage of pregnancy for a beneficiary would be counted with respect to her LMP date as mentioned in the MCP card.
- Case of Miscarriage/Still Birth :
- A beneficiary is eligible to receive benefits under the scheme only once.
- In case of miscarriage/still birth, the beneficiary would be eligible to claim the remaining instalment(s) in event of any future pregnancy.
- Thus, after receiving the 1st instalment, if the beneficiary has a miscarriage, she would only be eligible for receiving 2nd and 3rd instalment in event of future pregnancy subject to fulfilment of eligibility criterion and conditionalities of the scheme. Similarly, if the beneficiary has a miscarriage or still birth after receiving 1 st and 2nd instalments, she would only be eligible for receiving 3rd instalment in event of future pregnancy subject to fulfilment of eligibility criterion and conditionalities of the scheme.
- Case of Infant Mortality: A beneficiary is eligible to receive benefits under the scheme only once. That is, in case of infant mortality, she will not be eligible for claiming benefits under the scheme, if she has already received all the instalments of the maternity benefit under PMMVY earlier.
- Pregnant and Lactating AWWs/ AWHs/ ASHA may also avail the benefits under the PMMVY subject to fulfilment of scheme conditionalities.
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana Gujarat Benefits
PMMVY Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana : To Provide Compensation For The Wage Loss In Terms Of Cash Incentives So That The Woman Can Take Adequate Rest Before And After Delivery Of The First Living Child. It Is A Partial Compensation Which Is A Part Of A Plan To Provide A Total Sum Of Rs.6,000 On An Average To The Woman. The Remaining Cash Incentive Of Rs. 1000 Is Provided Under Janani Suraksha Yojana JSY After Institutional Delivery.
To Improve Health Seeking Behavior Among-St Pregnant Women And Lactating Mothers
Registration under the Scheme
- The eligible women desirous of availing maternity benefits are required to register under the scheme at the Anganwadi Centre ( AWC ) / approved Health facility depending upon the implementing department for that particular State /UT.
- For registration, the beneficiary shall submit the prescribed application Form 1 – A , complete in all respects, along with the relevant documents and undertaking/consent duly signed by her and her husband, at the AWC/ approved Health facility. While submitting the form, the beneficiary will be required to submit her and her husband’s Aadhaar details with their written consents, her/husband/family member’s Mobile Number and her Bank/Post Office account details.
- The prescribed form (s) can be obtained from the AWC/ approved Health facility free of cost. The form(s) can also be downloaded from the website of Ministry of Women and Child Development .
- The beneficiary would be required to fill up the prescribed scheme forms for registration and claim of the instalment and submit the same at the Anganwadi Centre/ approved Health facility. The beneficiary should obtain acknowledgment from Anganwadi Worker/ASHA/ANM for record and future reference.
- For registration and claim of first instalment, duly filled Form 1 – A along with copy of MCP Card (Mother and Child Protection Card), Proof of Identity of Beneficiary and her Husband (Aadhaar Card or permitted Alternate ID Proof of both and Bank/ Post Office Account details of the beneficiary is required to be submitted.
- For claiming second instalment, beneficiary is required to submit duly filled up Form 1 – B after six months of pregnancy, along with the copy of MCP Card showing at least one ANC.
- For claiming third instalment, beneficiary is required to submit duly filled up Form 1 – C along with copy of child birth registration and copy of MCP card showing that the child has received first cycle of immunization or its equivalent/substitute.
- In case a beneficiary has complied the conditionalities stipulated under the scheme but could not register/submit claims within the stipulated time can submit claim(s) – A beneficiary can apply, at any point of time but not later than 730 days of pregnancy, even if she had not claimed any of the instalments earlier but fulfils eligibility criterion and conditionalities for receiving benefits. In cases where LMP date is not recorded in MCP card viz. a beneficiary is coming for claim of third instalment under the scheme, the claim in such cases must be submitted within 460 days from the date of birth of the child beyond which period no claim shall be entertained.
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana How To Apply ?
A Beneficiary Can Apply For The Scheme Only Within 730 Days From The Date Of Her Last Menstrual Period MP The LMP Registered In The MCP Card Will Be Treated As The Date Of Pregnancy Under The Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana Documents Lists
- Duly Filled Application Form 1a
- Copy Of Mcp Card
- Copy Of Identity Proof
- Copy Of Bank / Post Office Account Passbook
In Case Of Any Query Or Issue Related To The PMMVY, Please Contact On The Below Mentioned Helpline Number.
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana Helpline Number : 011-23382393
Download Forms : Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
|For First Installment|
|For Second Installment|
|For Third Installment|