Lately “tour of duty” in Indian armed forces has been talked about a lot. And to give it a further push, The Cabinet Committee on Security has taken a historic decision on may 14, 2022 to approve the transformative scheme of ‘Agnipath’. Under this, Indian youth would be granted an opportunity to get inducted into the Armed services. It will allow people who want to become a part of Indian armed forces to enter into the forces through this new entry and opportunity available. Be it Indian Army, Indian Navy, or Indian Air Force. Agneepath Army Bharti Scheme is a central government scheme for all Indian candidates. Through Agnipath, one can serve in the combat forces. The scheme envisages the induction of 100 officers and 1000 other young recruits in the Indian military for a term of three years. Those who will get selected for this recruitment process will be called as “Agniveers“. As decided, ‘Agniveers’ will be provided by a good pay package and an exit retirement package after 4 years of service.
Lt Gen Anil Puri, Additional Secretary, Department of Military Affairs, has said, “Today average age is around 32 yrs, in time to come it’ll further come down to 26 years. This will happen in 6-7 years. In order to transform armed forces into youthful, tech-savvy, modern, there’s a need to harness the youth potential and make him a future-ready soldier?” He mentioned that after four years of service with the Army, resume and biodata of agniveers will be very unique and he will stand out in crowd with his attitude, skills and time.
Agneepath Yojana Entry Scheme 2022: Purpose of scheme
The main purpose of central government is to introduce the Indian Army Agneepath Entry Scheme with the aim of training the youth and to make a cut in retirement as well as in pensions. Indian government has come up with this scheme in order to strengthen our security forces and also to bolster the strength of our security forces. Selected candidates will be trained professionally and then they will be recruited within the areas like Jammu and Kashmir border.
The main thing to focus about this recruitment is that there will be no entrance test for the youth. However the candidates enlisted under the scheme will have to go through a longer training, effectively for at least two years for a four-years term, in order to make them ready for joining armed forces as professionals.
Details regarding this scheme are given below –
- Conducting Body Indian Army
- Name of scheme Agneepath Recruitment 2022
- Launched by Department of Military Affairs
- Number of Vacancies Around 1.25 Lakh
- Date of Final notification yet to be updated
- Agneepath Recruitment Online Form Date June, 2022
- Area of Service Indian Army, Navy, Air Force
- Time span 4 years
- age limit 18-25 years
- official link Joinindianarmy.nic.in
Eligibility Criteria Under Agneepath Scheme
The eligibility criteria is mentioned below :
Category Education Age
- Soldier General Duty SSLC/Matric with 45% marks in aggregate.No%required if higher qualification. 17.5 – 21 Years
- Soldier Technical 10+2/Intermediate exampassed in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English. Now eight age for higher qualification. 17.5 – 21 Years
- SoldierClerk / StoreKeeper Technical 10+2/Intermediate exam passed in any stream(Arts,Commerce,Science)with 50% marks in aggregate and min40% in each subject. Weight age for higher qualification. 17.5 – 21 Years
- Soldier Nursing Assistant 10+2/Intermediate exam passed in Science with Physics,Chemistry,Biologyand English with min 50% mark sin aggregate and min40% in each subject. Now eight age for higher qualification. 17.5 – 21 Years
- Soldier Trades man 17.5 – 21 Years
- (i)GeneralDuties Non Matric 17.5 – 21 Years
- (ii)SpecifiedDuties Non Matric 17.5 – 21 Years
Read more information Link
It is quite evident that every year there is a large no of candidates who participate in Indian Army recruitment and who aspire to become the part of glorious Indian armed forces but due to certain reasons there are still many candidates left who are not able to make through it. So this entry is a golden opportunity to achieve their goal as it provide another entry to make a place for them.